Mark Baker has over 20 years creating and leading IT organizations as well as matching IT initiatives to business priorities. During this career, he has been a strategic, growth-focused technology leader who approaches IT from a business mindset and uses decisive leadership skills to drive initiatives through complex, dispersed organizations. He delivers solutions as a change agent, visionary, and forward thinker, capable of critically evaluating and responding to diverse information technology issues.
Mark’s work has spanned high technology, traditional manufacturing, process manufacturing and outsourced (supply-chain based) businesses.
● Restructured IT for better business alignment
● Introduced of new order entry to cash process for new line of business
● Project managed new api development for integration of customer point-of-sale systems
● Drove software development costs down by standardizing both internal and external development platforms as well as look and feel
● Project managed infrastructure integration to support acquisitions
● Project managed ERP integration / migration to support acquisitions
● Project managed and co-developed software to replace the shop floor tracking, product labeling and quality control modules of sap on the manufacturing shop floor (real-time link to SAP).
● Developed software to label products, provide quality tracking, warehouse management and provide international logistics (real-time link to Exact Macola ERP)
● Automated customer service order entry process by developing paperless faxing software linked to ERP and CRM systems.
● Developed software to replace fax systems with online inbound and outbound faxing directly linked to ERP and CRM systems.
● Project managed CRM implementations (Salesforce, Exact e-Synergy, SAP)
● Project managed ERP implementations (Exact Macola ES, Exact Macola Progression, SAP, Oracle Applications)
Western Governors University
CSS, Administration and Management
BS, Computer Science / Chemistry / Material Science
University of Minnesota
2010 - present
2010 - present